Please Help If You Can

    
Hi my name is Sara Graff I am writing because we have a urgent need in my local community. I am working at getting others to help. The company that I am trying to help out is called The Cherry Street Mission. I am asking you to please help. The mission has a urgent needs list at this time they need toilet paper, paper towels, 60-gallon garbage bags, 8.5 x 11 copy paper, powder laundry detergent. On their facebook page today was WE NEED YOUR HELP! We have run out of some of our Urgent Items on the above “Current Needs” tab here http://www.facebook.com/CherryStreetMission?v=app_7146470109&ref=ts  I Unfortunately, the men and women of Cherry Street are currently using SHAMPOO as laundry detergent because we cannot buy it. Our toilet paper and paper towels are also a huge concern, as well as garbage bags, coffee, paper, ...and bleach (We are in need of the other “Current Needs” items as well.) This can quickly change they have many other items they also can use listed here http://cherrystreetmission.org/pdf/wish%20list.pdf For more about Cherry Street Mission and what they do please go here http://cherrystreetmission.org/history.htm.
Why am I asking for your help? I cannot imagine not having these basic items that so many people take for granted. I have taught my kids it is much better to give than get. The people at this mission are grateful for a bed a shower and a meal. If we can provide items to make their lives better the mission will continue to help those in need. The mission has a statement-Our mission is to serve all who come to us in need, and to provide purposeful discipleship by rescuing the downtrodden, restoring hope to the hopeless and releasing God's greatness to those we serve. Luke 4: 18-19
I have a local blog called Saving with Sara and have put posts on about what the mission needs and how we as a family have been able to help. What we have done as a family can be found on this on my blog. FYI-Even though I am a blog owner I do not make money off my blog and we as a family donate what we can and help out in the community. I hope you are willing to do the same. Don't have money? Time is just as important. Don’t live in the area? Do what you can near to you! You can find my blog here at http://savingwithsara.blogspot.com/. What we have done as a family can be found on this on my blog http://savingwithsara.blogspot.com/2010/06/saving-with-sara-helps-out-in-community.html or here http://savingwithsara.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-help-our-local-cherry-street.html.
Please help me help them by donating what you can on this list.
If you would like to start a drive through your organization or church, we can provide information on how to organize it—please call Evangeline at (419) 242-5141 Thank You! I have also spoken with and emailed Amy Ambrose she is the director of Communications and Development at (419) 242-5141 ext 220.
Thanks so much! Sara Graff 419-870-4948 sarabethgraff@yahoo.com
P.S. I am also going to try writing some large companies like Tide, etc. Please let me know if you have any ideas or know a company or individual willing to help!
Other items on list -
URGENT ITEMS Toilet Paper
Powdered Laundry Detergent
Paper Towels
60-gallon Garbage Bags
Coffee
8.5 x 11” Copy Paper
Bleach

Men & Women
Men’s and Women's Underwear
    (all sizes)
Gas cards: for guest transportation
Kitchen Needs
Hamburger or any kind of beef
Venison
Bacon
Sausage
Canned fruit
Coffee and hot chocolate
Chips
Black pepper
Canola or olive oil
Garlic
Cheddar or bar cheese like Velvetta
Office Supplies
8.5 x 11” Copy Paper
Copier ink cartridges (HP #27/Black)
Manila file folders
Paper Items
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Napkins
Cleaning Supplies
Bleach
Floor cleaner
Bathroom cleaner
60-gallon Garbage Bags
Powdered Laundry Detergent
Hygiene Items
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Disposable razors
Shampoo and conditioner
Bar soap
Feminine hygiene products
Financial support for repairs
and operating expenses


http://savingwithsara.blogspot.com/2010/08/please-help-if-you-can.html



divider brown

Labels: , , ,